Uganda (HAN) August 20, 2014 – Ambassador Fred enlighten, the Counter terrorism Strategy and integrity of Somalia, the security, welfare, development and prosperity of the nation, the rule of law of Somali people and the stability of the IGAD regional states. The Regional and International interests and the threats to them require the following interview responses by Senior AMISOM officer, Ambassador Fred Ngoga Gateretse, speaks on the mission’s counter terrorism Strategy for 2014.
AMISOM officer, Ambassador Fred Ngoga Gateretse, speaks with an Interview on the mission’s counter terrorism Strategy:
The main mission of AMISOM is mandated to conduct Peace Support Operations in Somalia to stabilize the situation in the country in order to create conditions for the conduct of Humanitarian activities and an immediate take over by the United Nations (UN).
- Support dialogue & reconciliation in Somalia, working with all stakeholders.
- Provide protection to Transitional Federal Institutions (TFIs) & key infrastructure to enable them carry out their functions.
- Assist in the implementation of the National Security Stabilization Programme (NSSP).
- Provide technical assistance & other support to the disarmament and stabilization efforts.
- Monitor the security situation in areas of operation.
- Facilitate humanitarian operations including repatriation of refugees and Internaly Displaced Persons (IDPs)
- Protect AMISOM personnel, installations and equipment, including self defence
Acting Special Representative of the Chairperson of the African Union Commission (SRCC) for Somalia, Honorable Lydia Wanyotto said such mandate are part of the wider effort to improve security in Somalia.
“The message is to call upon all Somalis, all institutions to support the efforts and sacrifice AMISOM is making for the peace and stability of Somalia. AMISOM will continue to fight against everyone who will try to attack the forces” she said
The latest updates Follow twitter.com/GeskaAfrika
Geeska Afrika Online (1985 -2014) – The International Gateway news and views about the Horn of Africa (Ethiopia, Eritrea, Somalia, Somaliland, Sudan, South Sudan, Djibouti, Kenya and Uganda), the best IGAD news and information Online Site for the last 20 Years.
HAN & Geeska Afrika Online (1985-2014), the oldest free independent Free Press in the region, brings together top journalists from across the Horn of Africa. Including Ethiopia, Somalia, Eritrea, Sudan, Djibouti, South Sudan, Uganda, Kenya, Oromo, Amhara, Somali, Afar and Harari. Plus, we have daily translations from 150 major news organizations in the Middle East and East African regions. Contact at email@example.com