Geeska Afrika Online is building its network of digital media and publishing professionals that can provide unique perspectives.
Contributors can provide free posts for the purposes of building their thought leadership and giving back to the community.
Before sending your pitch or contributor piece, please consider the following guidelines:
- Write contributor pieces with a minimum of 1000 words
- Make a strong, clear argument supported by examples, details, and/or data
- Get straight to the point
- Be sure to include a headline
- Be sure to include an author bio, including details on your background and expertise that make it clear why your opinion on the topic should count to readers. Connect your profile to a gravatar account (if you can), so that people can see your profile picture
- Please write in the first person to our audience; you are here to educate and collaborate with the Geeska Afrika audience and not shove negative condescending thoughts to them
- Objectively positioned articles, as opposed to clickbait, driven
- Please send your article in an editable format i.e. Google Docs or Word Doc
- Provide images, however, reusable or images that you clearly have rights to
- Articles will only be accepted from publishing professionals actively working in the industry, including solution providers.
- Be sure to disclose conflicts of interest, such as partnerships with, or investments in, any companies/technologies covered in the story
- Make sure that the topic hasn’t already been covered on the site unless you are proposing an upgrade of the piece (which can be considered) and it is somewhat optimised for SEO.
- No affiliate links. If an affiliate link is found in your draft, the post will not be published
- If your post is published, we’ll ask that you please share your awesome contribution to your network.
Contact us: HAN@Geeskaafrika.com.